Thursday 12 November 2015

Number 2: NEW YORK

NUMBER 2: NEW YORK

New York seems to be one of most people's favourite city and there's no reason why it shouldn't be.
It is situated on the east of The United states and is a small enough state. It is also known as the Big Apple and is infamous for so many things; its high rise buildings ( Empire State) the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, yellow taxi cabs and so so much more.
New York itself holds 5 different smaller areas: Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Bronxs and Staten Island.
Image result for new york
http://www.taketours.com/

I went to New York in 2011 in February, we went for 5 days and I think we did as much sight seeing as we could have possibly done. And my favourite part was the Brooklyn bridge, I would really recommend doing it because the view is spectacular, also I would recommend doing The Top of the Rock and the Museum of modern art because it actually was very good.

I found that New York was very cold at that time colder than Ireland because of the current. But it gets hotter in the summer. 

New York is home to over 8 million people and is the centre of many businesses. Another thing i would recommend doing is Radio City or Broadway when I was there i went to go see Aretha Franklin in Radio City.

Central Park is a very famous place and so many movies have been shot there, and I don't think people realise how huge it is, It's just over 3.5 km squared.
Image result for central park

http://www.rsvlts.com/2012/12/28/photo-of-the-day-central-park-from-above/

I would really recommend visiting New York I think it is one of the most amazing cities I've ever been too and I would love to go back.
and that is why New York is my number 2 World wonder 


No comments:

Post a Comment